- One single app for the fire brigade, an ambulance or the police
The most important advantage of this app is that you do not have to remember the emergency numbers and therefore cannot forget them if you're in distress. You just tap the ambulance, firefighter or police icon depending on what kind of help you need.
- Storm, flood: don't call 112 for ordinary storm damage. Preferably use the online form www.1722.be
- As of June 20, 2023, you will be able to contact the wasps desk at www.1722.be. This way, you will be helped immediately or referred to the electronic desk in your emergency rescue zone. Only if there is a wasp nest near your home will the fire department or a private exterminator intervene. As a matter of fact, wasps are very useful for "cleaning" nature. They are a very important natural insecticide : for example, the wasps from a single nest can wipe out thousands of mosquitoes in just a few hours.
We therefore ask you to fill in a "wasps" form only if you are actually inconvenienced by their presence.
Everything you want to know about the 112 emergency number (when to use it, what information to give and how best to act) can be found here
It is incredibly important for children not only to know that the emergency number 112 exists, but also that they can use it in emergencies.
- Job vacancies
The job of operator/calltaker is one of the finest professions you can have. You are an essential link in the emergency response chain. Your professionalism and cool-headedness can save lives!
There is always someone on standby to help you in need
- Call 112 for emergency assistance from an ambulance or the firefighters
- Call 101 for emergency assistance from the police
- Call 112 for free in all European countries for urgent help
- Call 1722 in case of a storm or flooding when you need assistance from the fire brigade
- Call 1733 for the doctor on duty